Category Archives: Project Diary

Workbench Update: Old Trees, New Forest

I finally got around to finishing my new forest bases. I combined some new purchases with my long-standing tree collection and finished off the painting and flocking yesterday while the baby was having a snooze. I’m quite pleased with the … Continue reading

Posted in Project Diary | 2 Comments

Workbench Update: Re-basing Evergreens

After making some bases of deciduous Autumn trees earlier this year, I noticed that my evergreen collection seemed a little lackluster by comparison. I purchased a couple of packages of new trees and mixed them with my older collection and began basing … Continue reading

Posted in Project Diary | 5 Comments

My Newest Project

Jacob Francis Tilley (aka “Jake”) Born on Canada Day (July 1st) so he’ll likely be a patriot. He and Mom are very healthy and happy, and big brother and I are thrilled. Incidentally, the chair he is sitting in shall … Continue reading

Posted in Project Diary | 14 Comments

Workbench Update: Citadel Gaming Hills

I haven’t been quite as active in either the painting or blogging departments lately. Truth is, my wife is ready to give birth and with all of the baby preparations I’ve had neither the time nor inclination to do much … Continue reading

Posted in Project Diary | Leave a comment

Workbench Update: Ruins of Osgiliath

After discovering Maelstrom Games a while back, I couldn’t resist jumping in on the free shipping and the great exchange rate from pounds to dollars. I ordered some flock, a magazine, and the newly-released Ruins of Osgiliath from Games Workshop. … Continue reading

Posted in Non-Historical Project Updates, Project Diary | Leave a comment

A Gaming Reflection

It’s been a productive year for me in the geek department. In the past twelve months I’ve added to my Warmachine army, painted a substantial number of Gothic Horror models, finished two full Impetus armies, and created a metric ass-load … Continue reading

Posted in Project Diary | Leave a comment

Workbench Update: Going Underground

As soon as the Gothic Horror campaign started moving, I took stock of the models and terrain that I had prepared for our games.  I had more or less completed everything I had set out to do for phase one … Continue reading

Posted in Non-Historical Project Updates, Project Diary | Leave a comment