Category Archives: Historical Projects – Painting Progress and Updates

Workbench Update: Planning the Norse-Irish for Impetus

I thoroughly enjoyed painting (and still enjoy playing with) my medieval Free Company army for Impetus.  As a later medieval project, there were endless colour options to try out and the beautiful Corvus Belli models were a real joy to … Continue reading

Posted in Historical Projects - Painting Progress and Updates, Project Diary | Leave a comment

Workbench Update: Dollar Store Horror

If you’re married this little scenario will ring true with you. All men, in every country around the world, are used to spending time in shops waiting for their wives to do whatever it is that they are doing. Today, … Continue reading

Posted in Historical Projects - Painting Progress and Updates, Non-Historical Project Updates, Project Diary | Leave a comment

From Impetus to Basic Impetus

I’m sure that many readers are aware that I am a die-hard Impetus player, and in fact, it’s the Impetus content that draws many readers to this site. However, unlike most Impetus players, I did not get my start with … Continue reading

Posted in 6mm Impetus, Historical Projects - Painting Progress and Updates | Leave a comment

So, What’s Next?

I’ve posted lots of photos of my medieval project lately, and although there are still units to photograph and post, I’m glad to announce that I’ve reached my painting goal – a fully-painted 400-point Free Company army for Impetus. In … Continue reading

Posted in Historical Projects - Painting Progress and Updates, Non-Historical Project Updates, Project Diary | Leave a comment

Shifting Into High Gear with my Medieval Impetus Army

I was planning on finishing my 400-point Free Company for Impetus by Xmas. As it turns out, certain events have transpired which have motivated me to move up the deadline considerably. I am aiming to have the 400-point army, including … Continue reading

Posted in Historical Projects - Painting Progress and Updates, Project Diary | Leave a comment

Free Company Reinforcements: Step One

After playing our first 15mm medieval game of Impetus, Chris and I had discussed expanding the armies from 200 points to 300 points. Frankly, I was ready to rest on my laurels for a week or so and paint some … Continue reading

Posted in Historical Projects - Painting Progress and Updates, Project Diary | Leave a comment

Basing Units for Impetus

Some people (i.e. two) have asked me how I base my units for Impetus. Following the advice of Keir, I took photos as I did the basework on the Carthaginians. These photos follow my progression as I worked on 10mm … Continue reading

Posted in Historical Projects - Painting Progress and Updates | Leave a comment