Gascony Knight

I am having a great time building our greenhouse, so great a time in fact, that my painting is suffering as a result. I’ve been inspired to do some more painting for my HYW project, but the time just hasn’t been there. Tonight, however, I found enough time to finish off a practice knight I had started.

As you can see, I used transfers on the horse and the shield. I haven ‘t decided whether or not I’ll keep it yet. I’m hoping that the spray varnish will secure it in place, and that the final coat of dull cote will cause the edges to disappear. We’ll see what happens.

I never managed to finish the chap on the right. He’s also a Corvus Belli model. I’m painting him to represent the knight’s man-at-arms, and he’ll be based in the same cavalry unit as the knight. The model is actually coded as a Hobilar, but I think the right paintjob will make do service as a very convincing man-at-arms or squire.

Either way, I shall continue to forge ahead on this project on some level or another, regardless of whatever distractions may come my way. Summer is always an unpredictable time for me and my geeking, as outdoor pursuits with the family take precedence over model-painting.

One thing is for sure. I’ve learned that gluing the rider to the horse and painting the entire entity as one is the way to go with 15mm models. I think handling the rider and getting him on the horse after painting would be a real pain in the ass at this scale. Now I’ll have to prep up enough cavalry to finish a unit.

Thanks for reading,

This entry was posted in Historical Projects - Painting Progress and Updates, Project Diary. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s