EIR – Roman Infantry Mass

It’s about time for an update. I’ve had a few minor set-backs (like re-basing a couple of units), not to mention general laziness, but things are progressing nonetheless. I have to say, when it comes to 6mm, this project is making a believer out of me.

Here’s what the Roman legion looks like on bases. This equates to six units of heavy foot in Impetus.


I’ve also finished painting four units of Roman auxilia. To reflect the less regimented nature of the units, I’ve based them in a central clump. In 6mm, I’ve found this is a good way to distinguish drilled heavy units (i.e. FP) from less drilled, lighter infantry (i.e. FL)


A little glimpse into what’s coming up. I painted a cavalry test model. I’ll be painting two units of medium cavalry. (hopefully tonight)


I’m also painting two units of Balaeric Slingers (S). I only have to paint a dozen or so of these as they’ll be dispersed over 6×2 cm bases.

After the slingers and the cavalry, I’ll have 14 of 18 units painted, so I’m starting to turn the corner where I’m seeing light.

Thanks for reading,
JET

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Imperial Romans - a 6mm speed project. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s